We made coil pots.
1. Make a circular base about 1cm thick.
2. Roll sausages with the clay. They need to be equal thickness all the way along.
3. Slowly attach a coil to the base using a small amount of slip (water and clay mixed together into a paste) and cross-hatching.
4. Continue to do this; one coil on top of the other. Always use slip to attach them otherwise, when the clay dries, the coils will be insecure and likely to crumble.
5. Gently smooth down the coil sides of the pot until smooth. This will take time, patients and very little force.
6. You will now have a coil pot. Leave to dry in a warm place.